Wednesday 2 November 2016

Dona Nobis Pacem 2016 ~ Butterflies Cloaked in Blue Fire

I've used this photo from NASA in my 2016 Blog4Peace globe design. Isn't it stunning? All those stars... 

Did you know that astronomers estimate there may be 100 thousand million stars in the Milky Way alone? How vast this place we call reality is... and how utterly small and insignificant our world events seem by comparison. The violence, wars and politics that rip our lives apart here on Earth fade to nothing when seen beneath the light of 100 thousand million suns.

All that light and energy swirling around us... it reminds me of a photo I've seen of the great visionary inventor and scientist, Nikola Tesla. Here he is, sitting with his "magnifying transmitter" in the Colorado Springs Laboratory.


Tesla performed many experiments at his Colorado Springs lab, including ones to investigate atmospheric electricity and lightning.





I knew about Tesla's experiments, but it was only recently that I discovered he was passionately anti-war. That's why I decided to use a Tesla quote on my Peace globe this year:


"Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment." 

When I first read that quote, I wondered... are humans capable of reaching a state of universal enlightenment? I look around at the world and it seems like the more we try to make a difference and bring peace the more things refuse to change. Generations of people talking, writing, creating art and protesting for peace and yet too many humans still see the use of force as the only solution to any problem. 

What chance do the peace makers have of making a difference? We are a scattering of people on a little planet floating in a galaxy of 100 thousand million stars.

... and then I remembered Tesla's butterflies, haloed in blue fire.


Tesla showed the world a new way to see and use energy. He even put forward the concept of the Earth having its own resonance - it's own vibrational secret song. Can we learn from that? Can we use his discoveries in other ways? 

What if enlightenment was something you created through energy rather than action? 
What if it wasn't the effort we put in, but the resonance we send out 
that made the world change?

There's another famous butterfly in science - the butterfly effect. It's the theory that a small random thing (such as a butterfly) can ripple out to create a much larger effect.What if every human heart was merely a peace butterfly waiting to be set free? Holding in its radiant blue peace fire, simply waiting for the right moment to change the world. No more fighting for peace or struggling towards it... just letting it resonate in our hearts and letting that longing free...

like butterflies cloaked in blue fire. 




Could we burn the world free from out-dated political systems and old-fashioned mind sets? I think we could... no wait... I KNOW we can.


It's time.


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Let the heavens & the earth resound with peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet,
      For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  2. I love this so much. "What if enlightenment was something you created through energy rather than action? What if it wasn't the effort we put in, but the resonance we send out
    that made the world change?" Yes, the energy is the thing. #LetYourLightShine And you do. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  3. Very insightful and beautifully written! I know we can too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kim! For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  4. This is a most wonderful post. So interesting. I believe the planetary consciousness is struggling very hard to shift. The dark forces are putting up a fight. But I believe more of us want peace than war, and I hope together we can push that Sisyphean peace rock up and over the mountain.......for peace for our children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, sherry. xx For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  5. I know we can, too....I believe in your insight. I believe in your intellect. I believe in your peace warrior passion.

    Love you much,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((Mimi))) Thank you so much for that.

      For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  6. That is beautiful! And that story of Tesla and the lightning has me glad I wasn't in the area when he did that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Me too Jan. Sorry for the looong delay. For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful peace post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gram. For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  8. Pawkisses for a Peaceful Weekend :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pawkisses back. xx For some reason blogger never notified me and I only found your reply today. Very belated thank you. <3

      Delete
  9. I love the blue butterflies.........we are capable of enlightenment....we just have to be willing, on a global scale. Therein lies the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)