Saturday 3 December 2011

Good News

.....
Well, I've finally been sent to a physiotherapist (last Friday) and he's given me wrist splints to wear at night. They're like fabric casts, with metal plates in them, held on with Velcro straps. They hold my wrists from moving. It means I can't scratch my nose, or move much at night, but they are soothing the pain and I'm finally able to sleep! After five months of pain and not sleeping longer than 3 hours this is bliss. Bliss for hubby too, as most nights when my pain gets bad he ends up awake too.

The pain is less during the day as well, so I'm managing to use my hands more, which is WONDERFUL. I still have no feeling in some fingers, which makes some tasks a struggle, but at least I can sleep and type again. :-)

AND... more good news! A writing competition I entered a while back has let me know I've won through the first round. I entered my post Battle Cry, about being a Peace Warrior, and it came 10th.



Now must prepare for the second level, which is a bit scary, as the second stage is to do a video and I'm not at all sure what I'm going to do.. or able to do. My video skills are highly limited.

It doesn't matter though - it's been such great fun participating in the event that I really don't mind if my video section gets me nowhere. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Michelle on winning the first round! Good luck with the video. I'm sure you can do it. So glad to hear you are feeling less pain and can do more things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Michelle, glad you are feeling better. You are certainly an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)