Wednesday 28 September 2011

Me and mew - The Cat Meme

...
Mimi posted an irresistible meme this week:
1. Do you have a cat?
2. What is your cat's name?
3. What makes you love cats?
4. If you are not a cat person, why not?
5. What is the funniest thing your cat has ever done?
6. Do you think cats have feelings and can talk to their owners?
7. The Rainbow Bridge is the place where cats go when they pass away. I think it's a lovely idea. If humans could have a bridge of their own in the afterlife, what would you name it?

BONUS POINTS! Post a picture of you and your cat.
Now, I don't own a cat. I have never owned a cat and I never will own a cat. Why? Because I am hugely allergic to them. As a child I could seize up with asthma just having a cat walk past me on a veranda (true story). Of course, cats being cats - they all adore me, because I can't touch them they dash to me to be hugged, wrap and ooze their furry love around my ankles.

So why am I doing this meme? You'll see....


1. Do you have a cat?

Yes... kind of... you see...

some people say I remind them of a cat. Something about my smile?


personally, I can't see the similarity.

As a Leo it always irked me that I seemed to lack big cat personality, but then I discovered that my Chinese astrology sign of Rabbit can also be a... Cat! And the world made sense. :-)

2. What is your cat's name?

On good days I have lots of names, all nice. On bad days they just hide...


3. What makes you love cats?

I'm going to dodge the self-love ego thing by answering with what (I think) are the most lovable traits of a Chinese astrology Cat person.

We love listening to music.



We love holidays and traditions.


We try to always be there for those we love...


...which can lead to burnout.



4. If you are not a cat person, why not?

When I'm not a cat person, I'm just human. I've learnt to accept this burden.

5. What is the funniest thing your cat has ever done?

Funniest thing... in the last hour? Day? Lifetime?? Like how long do you have?



6. Do you think cats have feelings and can talk to their owners?

Owners... OWNERS? Oh please!!! No-one ever owns a cat!


...but we do have feelings.



7. The Rainbow Bridge is the place where cats go when they pass away. I think it's a lovely idea. If humans could have a bridge of their own in the afterlife, what would you name it?

Personally, I think cats would be willing to share their bridge with humans.



BONUS POINTS! Post a picture of you and your cat.

I already did that with my first photo. ;-)
...

5 comments:

  1. What adorable photos! Thank you for posting. Achooo! Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrrrfect!
    I have 3 cats in my house, the Queen matron is 19 yrs. old, and she fondly considers the two-leggeds as her "staff". We TRY to be good staff, fortunately she is occassionally patient with us.

    I must say, Michelle, you look familiar.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi
    Thanks for the inspiration. Your memes are always fun. Oh and I have a meme for you - I think you'll like it too. ;-) I'll be around soon.

    Hi den
    Hah, similarity? The whiskers? The grin? The ability to vanish or maybe just the fact our eyes spin counter clockwise when we talk profound thoughts? mmm.... maybe.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cats, like you. Makes perfect sense to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tink
    So nice to see you again.

    And thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)