Friday 15 July 2011

Short Update on Me

...
I'm still waiting to find out what's bothering my health. For the last three months I've had lots of aches and pain and lots of water retention, but worst of all - I've been losing the use of my fingers and hands due to numbness and pain. Writing anything is slow and difficult, even holding a book to read hurts and doing anything like cooking? Forget it!! You don't realise how much you love your fingers until they aren't there for you.


So far my doctor isn't sure what's causing my problems. I've had five sets of blood tests and have more tests and an ultrasound booked for next week. The only medication he could give me for now was water-retention tablets. They've been fantastic! For almost two months I was so swollen up I couldn't get shoes on, but now I can bend my knees and ankles again (trust me... you miss them when you can't!) and I can get my sandals on. That means I can get out and go places. :-)

Now I just need to get my fingers back!
...

8 comments:

  1. GLAD to hear about the water retention tablets. Hope they find out what's wrong with you so you can get on with treatment of your fingers!!! Can't imagine life without using my fingersssss...but anyway, enjoy the rest of summer there despite the lack of use of fingers!!!! HUGE HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, hope that you get well soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoping all is well soon my friend huge hugs from all in the wee hovel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things improve for you soon, Michelle. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea Grubner- Meyer15 July 2011 at 20:46

    Michelle, I am so sorry to hear that you are in such a bad way. I do hope they soon find out what is wrong and can start treating it to get you back on your feet. Really doesn't sound like much fun - thoughts are with you. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amel
    ((thank you))
    Yes, it is VERY frustrating!

    Missy
    Thank you. :-)

    Hi Andy
    Hugs are ALWAYS appreciated!

    Hayden
    thank you XX

    Thanks Daisy XX

    Hi Andrea
    Thanks Gruby. :-D Yeah, the not being able to do much is driving me up the wall! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you, Michelle.

    I know how much it means to lose your fingers, and hand.

    hope your doctors find the cause; the not knowing is the worst.

    Keep your spirit up and enjoy the 'summer'

    Love, Yoke

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)