Thursday 16 June 2011

In Beauty...

...
This post is the first of a series I've been thinking about and planning for a while. It started with three photos and a video, but it begins here with a Navajo chant which I intend to use as the theme throughout my forthcoming blog posts.

This chant is used in a ceremony called the "Beauty Way" or to 'Walk in Beauty'. I'm not an expert on Navajo customs, but from what I've read it all relates to the idea of living Life in awareness, harmony and balance... which is what true Beauty is all about!

In beauty may I walk
All day long may I walk
Through the returning seasons may I walk
Beautifully I will possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk
With dew about my feet may I walk
With beauty may I walk
With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk
With beauty all around me may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty



To walk in beauty…
nothing to do with what you look like, but everything to do with who you are.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)