Saturday 19 June 2010

Song for the Weekend - I am Who I am

...


You know I don’t mind
if you think I should grow my hair
You know I don’t mind
if you pick on the clothes that I wear
But know I can keep my head
when all around me are losing theirs,
because

(CHORUS)
I am who I am
And you can’t change me
I’ve done what I can
And I’ll stand my ground
You’re tying my hands
You rearrange me
It all falls down
It all falls down

Why when you dream
do you see me as something I’m not
Why don’t you wake up
and see all the good things you’ve got
A heart isn’t made out of clay
Not something you shape with your hands,
understand

(CHORUS)

Is the reason you ask me to change
so that you stay the same?
Well I’m sorry if I keep disappointing you
again and again, but

(CHORUS)

I am who I am


...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! These words cut to my soul as this is something that I am dealing with right now. Thank you. I need this song today. XX Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful reminder of one of life's most important lessons. Thanks, Michelle, I needed it.
    Have a great week end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely song, Michelle. I liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, RA and Daisy

    (((HUGS)))

    For three lovely women. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)