Thursday 4 February 2010

Mad Crazy Weekend

...
We lost our internet connection last Friday and have been offline from then till now. It has been a long LONG week made all the more frustrating because I was waiting for an important email. I entered a writing competition last month and the results were due... last friday!

To add to the craziness all the family have been sick or needing to go to the doctor. We've had 6 doctor appointments in ten days! Today at 4:00 it's my turn - I hurt my eye last night with hot oil (frying chicken) and now it feels like I spent a month staring at a raw onion. So, I'm typing this with one eye closed, which feels really weird.

I have almost 200 emails in my inbox and one of them was the one I'd been waiting to get. I came SECOND in the writing competition!

Here's the link to the list of winners.

I promise to write all about the story and the prize giving soon. :-)
...

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your computer troubles, Michelle and about the need for so many doctor's visits. Your eye sounds so painful--ouch! Hope the doctor can help and you feel better soon.

    Congratulations on winning second place! That's fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win! I hope everyone feels better soon.

    13 Characters from Rose and Prince Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Congratulations, Michelle.
    Hope you are all better by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the writing contest! And take care of that eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, CONGRATS on getting the second place! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

    Sorry to hear about the health problems and your eye. Hope you'll all be 100% well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone :-)

    Eye feeling better and internet is still online... so far so good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)