Tuesday 20 May 2008

E is for Excellent

...


Jeff of Psychosomaticwit has made my morning by putting me on his list of blogs worthy to be called "Excellent" ...as is his own! ;-)


Now my choice of blogs I consider excellent. As Jeff said on his blog - "This is both easy and hard. It is easy because there are many excellent blogs out there. It is hard, because choosing is ALWAYS hard."


I know so many unique and interesting blogs. What makes a blog excellent? For me it's mostly those blogs that stand out not only for being interesting to read, but who reach for excellence through hard consistent work to keep their blogs updated, attractive and worth reading. Blogs that constantly challenge their readers to use their brains as well as their eyes - to think as well as read. To narrow the list down further I've concentrated on thos blogs who have changed how I percieve the world - who have also made me grow.
Here's my list of choices, omitting a few wonderful blogs that Jeff has already awarded himself and adding some very recent blogs that have already enriched and/or changed my world view:

1. Cliff, of WIXY's Gone Bananas
2. PV of Finding Me
3. Emma of Herstory
4. Amel of Amel's Realm
5. Shastri of a Musing of Shastri
6.Twilight of Learning Curve on the Ecliptic
7. Gi Gi of Guyana
8. Tint of Tint's Meanderings
9. Grace of Realizing Ordinary
10. Sadiq of Inspirations and Creative Thoughts

11 comments:

  1. WOW, this day is getting better and better. First it was runner up for post of the day at authorblog, and now I get an E for excellent award.

    Thank you Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm VERY honoured. THANK YOU SO MUCH, M!!! :-))))))) You made my day!

    ((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Michelle - you are too kind!

    More hugs from me, too :-)((((Michelle))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Michelle. Nice :-))

    Got the right # (5) in the list as well, which is what my name number adds up to numero-logically ;-) Merci beaucoup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw... that made me smile ((hugs)) Thank you!!!!!!!! You are so special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you got tons more hugs than I did when I awarded my folks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Thank you Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee-hee, Jeff is so funny! Congratulations, Michelle, you certainly deserve this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Thank you so much! What a beautiful surprise. I feel doubly honored to be in such good company. Thank you for introducing me to these folks and their work. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this, Michelle. It means a lot to me, it really does. Only yesterday I was scribbling on paper why I appreciate the kind words of others. I will try to blog what I've written soon. I've been a tad busy recently. Fortunately, I've collected tons of good stuff to write about.

    I especially like this, "Blogs that constantly challenge their readers to use their brains as well as their eyes - to think as well as read."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cliff and Amel

    I'm glad the award made your days brighter, since your blogs both make my internet reading brighter. :-)

    and thank you for the hugs, Amel, Tint and Twilight! (((HUGS BACK)))

    Shastri
    What a nice bit of serendipity that I picked the right number for you. ;-)

    (((Jeff))) there, is that better? :-D

    Holly
    Thank you :-)

    PV
    Keep writing those thought-provoking posts. :-)

    Grace
    I'm so glad I found your blog. I don't get to read blogs as much as I wish, but I will be visiting yours whenever I can as it is well-worth the time spent.

    GiGi
    How funny life is! Your blog was one of the first I ever found online and I was so awed by your writing I never replied for about two months of reading. You have a wonderful gift for weaving life into words. Your posts are always a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)