Tuesday 5 February 2008

Do schools today kill creativity?


Utterly brilliant! This is for parents, teachers and anyone who ever was a child...

About this Video:
Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining (and profoundly moving) case for creating an education system that nurtures creativity, rather than undermining it. With ample anecdotes and witty asides, Robinson points out the many ways our schools fail to recognize -- much less cultivate -- the talents of many brilliant people. "We are educating people out of their creativity," Robinson says. The universality of his message is evidenced by its rampant popularity online. A typical review: "If you have not yet seen Sir Ken Robinson's TED talk, please stop whatever you're doing and watch it now."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I fully agree with what he said. I see that happening ALOT in Singapore. My kids are not very academically inclined and even though they are talented in other ways, they often ask me "Am I stupid?" which breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really makes you think, doesn't he?

    You know what constantly strikes me as sad? So much in our world has evolved and changed... and yet most kids will still tell you school is boring or a place where they feel bad about themeslves.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)